Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Growing Up...

I remember a time when I couldn't wait to turn 16 yrs old, then turning 18 yrs old was the thing, then 21 solidified me as an adult. Now that I'm 28 yrs old, no kids, but major responsibilities with keeping myself in order, I at times wish I was a kid again... A time when the only thing I had to worry about was waking up for school, doing homework & what day I was getting my $20 allowance. To a kid $20 was a lot of money. Now $20 can barely get you a good meal at a restaurant.


But I had my sights set on getting older so I could do whatever I wanted to do. So I thought. I was most def sheltered as a kid... When I was a teenager, I had a 10pm curfew when hanging out on the weekends with a bestfriend who is 4 yrs older than me. I would get mad like Ma, its the weekend, I should be able to do whatever I want. I was so tempting to rebel against her rules, but I remembered a thing called a switch my granddad would use, and a thin pink sandal my mom would use to whoop me with. But I look back now & realize she was only looking out for me. She'd rather I'd been inside at home safe than running the streets at night and getting caught up in some unnecessary mess. Instead of being a daddy's girl, I am most def a mommy's girl.. I love my mother... She has been the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment